Kymeta u8 Antenna Features
Electronically Steered Antenna
Software-defined, reconfigurable, and updatable, the u8 satellite antenna operates over the complete Ku band.
Designed for Mobility
Low profile and aerodynamic, the u8 antenna can be easily integrated into terminals designed for mobile platforms.
With native dc operation, the antenna requires very low power to point and track while on the move.
Flexible and Modular
With support for multi-waveform openamip compatible modems, the u8 antenna can be integrated into many unique system configurations.
The u8 antenna anticipates the arrival of Ku-band Leo constellations. The u8 antenna can be updated to support Leo operation when available
- Band: Ku
- Type: Electronically scanned array
- Aperture: RX and TX combined
82 cm active diameter
- Polarization: Linear, software-defined
(circular with software upgrade)
- Dimensions: L 89.5 cm × W 89.5 cm x H 12.3 cm
L 35.2 in. × W 35.2 in. x H 4.8 in.
- Weight: 25 kg (55 lb.)
- Operational Temp: -40 °C to +55 °C (ambient)
-40 °C to +70 °C (with solar load)
- Storage Temp: -40 °C to +85 °C
- Ingress Protection: IP66
- Network Interface: Ethernet
- RF Connectors: N-type
- Waveguide Port: WR-75
- RX Freq. Range: 7 GHz to 12.75 GHz
- G/T Broadside: 9 dB/K to 11.5 dB/K
- G/T @ 35° Elevation: 6 dB/K to 9 dB/K
Typical Land Mobile
- RX Instantaneous: 250 MHz
- TX Freq. Range: 75 GHz to 14.5 GHz
- TX Gain Broadside: 5 dBi to 34.5 dBi
(14.0 GHz to 14.5 GHz)
- TX Gain @ 35° Elevation: 31 dBi to 32.5 dBi
Typical Land Mobile (14.0 GHz to 14.5 GHz)
- Cross-Polarization: ≥25 dB
- TX Instantaneous: >62 MHz